Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Finding Inner Peace

Photo_457CD811-51E5-5B32-F1E9-C83D92FE35AD.jpg
This is my painting. It looks much better in person, just to inform you of that matter. I had but the slightest clue as to what this painting would be, and after I had painted it, it made me think of Horton Hears A Who. But then, as I further analyzed what I created, the blue... sun? in the center, seemed calm to me against the chaotic and colorful jungle surrounding it, and then I immediately thought that my Little Blue Elephant, was searching for a part of himself, finding the center calm of spirituality deep within the crazy and hectic and infuriating and beautiful madness. Could you possibly think of us, looking at this painting? I do. I think that it represents the chaos that we are submerged in and thrust into in our modern world, most of us are searching for something that is a hidden part of us, whether it being a part of our identity or searching for spiritual contentment. It's a shame, really, the fact of how much chaos there is. Visual, sound... It's sad, how most people rush from one thing to the next, it's just I mad race to get to the end of the day. So I leave you for now, with one last thought,  slow down, enjoy the little things, and stop and smell the roses, things go by fast enough as it is, without our prodding them along.

~Monet

No comments:

Post a Comment