Thursday, July 21, 2011

Style Study 01 : Finding Nemo

      Lately I have been feeling rather sulky about my cruddy style and bad art that I've been neglecting, so I decided to start studying some of my favorite styles from my favorite movies and shows. First on my list was Finding Nemo, because the faces and expressions are incredible. It is interesting to work with limited body language, and body language and expressions that change with the specific character and species, as opposed to humans, who have the same body parts that work in the same basic way.

When I decide that I am "Done" with a style, is when I can draw most, if not all, of the main characters accurately without reference.
As you can see, I've pretty much gotten Crush, Tad, Pearl, and Nemo (mostly)down. Dory is almost there.



Marlin... however...

No comments:

Post a Comment